Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Zephyr Bar & Grill

Zephyr Bar & Grill
Olive Bread with three buttersCaesar Salad
Four Cheese Macaroni
Spicy Fried Chicken with Southern Mashed Potatoes
Filet Mignon with Demi Glace
A new restaurant opened in Kent, Wa at Kent Station a new outdoor lifestyle mall. It is called the Zephyr Bar & Grill, I was intrigued and decided to take my Dad and give it a try. The Zephyr also my Dog's name has been open only three weeks and the service showed that. Very slow. It took an hour and 45 minutes to eat there and we did not have dessert. I ordered the filet mignon and liked it quite well, it was nicely done with a demi glace and a bearnaise sauce. It was cooked as I ordered it, but my red potatoes merely sliced in half were raw. Apparently they need to work on the little things. For example, my Dad wanted Macaroni and Cheese as a side dish and they brought it as his appetizer. It's all about the timing. He really enjoyed the Macaroni & Cheese, but I prefer the baked type over the pour on cheese afterthought. The dish my Dad ordered was the southern spicy fried chicken and mashed potatoes was not what he had expected. It was over cooked and way past crispy. The mashed potatoes were overcooked and lacked flavor. The fried chicken had such an overkill of spices that it was difficult to even taste the chicken. The caesar salad was excellent, the greens were really fresh, and this is often overlooked at some restaurants. I liked the olive bread and three butters, I think it is creative to give a choice of butters. If you have enough time one night I would recommend going, but stay away from the Southern Fried Chicken. By the way there is another location in Livermore, California.

No comments: