Monday, September 12, 2005

Beautiful Sunset!


Sunset I
Originally uploaded by taminsea1.
I visited Kirkland, WA, I had a massage and than went to dinner at Jager a German Restaurant there. I stopped at the Marina Park, before dinner, and after dinner chose to follow a different route and stopped to take photos of this most incredible sunset. I love the way the sun reflects on the water and sun is such an intense yellow orange. It was a nice day. I kept remembering though that it was the anniversary of September 11, 2001. I reflected on this tragedy while snapping photographs. I visited New York City when I was fifteen. My Dad let me drive in traffic and I loved the energy of the city. The September 11th tragedy is a marker for my own personal tragedy. My precious dog, Zoe, a minature mastiff, was killed, run over by someone who did not stop or care. I screamed bloody murder and strained my voice so bad that I could barely talk. I picked her up and carried her to the front steps of my house. I felt as if it was my fault. I cried and cried, I tried to reach someone on the phone. No one answered, my mom, my brother, my aunt, my x-boyfriend etc. No one answered. I had previously called the police, thank god, the policeman came and tried to calm me down and told me to put my other dog Zephyr somewhere, I chose the bathroom. My personal tragedy happened the Friday before the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. I miss that little Apricot dog Zoe. I still think of her and miss her especially during this time of year, the start of fall and the month of September. This story could go on and on, but that is all I feel like telling at this time.
Tami

No comments: